Lexington Car Accident Attorney
A car accident can change your life in an instant. Even if you are in a fender bender and there is no physical injury, there might be property damage, damage to your vehicle that must be repaired. But sometimes, car accidents leave you with more than property damage. From mild concussions to catastrophic injury and even death, a car accident can change your life in an instant. When you have been involved in a car accident due to the negligence of another person, you may be entitled to financial compensation for the damages you suffer. To find out your legal rights and entitlements after a car accident, you should speak with an experienced car accident attorney. The attorneys at Dolt, Thompson, Shepherd & Conway, PSC can help you understand your legal position.
- Dolt, Thompson, Shepherd & Conway, PSC is a team of proven leaders in personal injury law, committed to fighting for the injured across Kentucky since 1986.
- With our resources and experience, we are known for taking on the most challenging cases and are respected among other firms for our reputation in handling complex cases.
- We have a proven track record of results, with over $500 million in recoveries that include some of the highest verdicts and settlements in the state.
- Our Senior Partner, Tyler S. Thompson, is a member of the Inner Circle of Advocates, an invitation-only group of the best plaintiff lawyers in the United States.
If you have suffered injuries from a car accident caused by another party’s negligence, you need the support of an experienced car accident attorney by your side. You can count on our decades of experience as well as the manpower and financial resources to develop a compelling case for you. We offer free consultations and you pay no upfront costs if we take your case. Call us today at 502-244-7772 to schedule your free consultation with one of our experienced Lexington, Kentucky car accident attorneys.
Is Kentucky a No-Fault State for Accidents?
Kentucky is one of the many no-fault states in the United States. This means that each driver involved in an accident must rely on their insurance company first to cover their damages. In no-fault car insurance states, there is no inquiry to determine who was at fault in the accident as either party’s insurance policies are expected to cover their damages regardless of which party was at fault.
Every driver in Kentucky is required to carry a mandatory insurance in the following amounts:
- $25,000 to cover bodily injury for one person injured in an accident
- $50,000 to cover bodily injury for all persons in an accident
- $25,000 to cover property damage as a result of an accident
Car owners who fail to insure their vehicles as mandated by law can lose their vehicle registration as well as fail jail time of up to 90 days and fines of up to $1,000.
When You Should Get a Lawyer For a Car Accident in Lexington
There are instances where a no-fault insurance policy will be insufficient to cover the damages sustained by the victim, or other circumstances make a claim from the insurance company difficult. You should speak to a car accident attorney as soon as possible to secure your legal rights in such situations. You have a time limit within which to file a car accident lawsuit, and the time starts running from the date of the accident, so it is important that you take action quickly and speak with an attorney as early as possible.
How Can a Lexington, Kentucky Car Accident Attorney Help You?
Filing a car accident injury claim in Lexington requires the expertise of skilled lawyers as well as other professional experts, including medical professionals, car accident reconstruction experts, and others who can provide expert testimony in your case. At Dolt, Thompson, Shepherd & Conway, PSC, our Lexington personal injury lawyers have decades of experience and the resources to develop a compelling case for you. We will fight to make sure that you have the best opportunity to receive complete recovery for your damages. We offer free initial consultations and if we take your case, you pay no upfront fees unless we win. Contact us online or call Dolt, Thompson, Shepherd & Conway, PSC today at 502-244-7772 to schedule your free consultation with one of our experienced car accident attorneys in Lexington.
- Product Liability Settlement $95 Million
- Hospital Liability Settlement $55 Million
- Product Liability Settlement $30 Million
- Truck Accident Jury Verdict $27.3 Million
- We Have Some of the Largest Verdicts & Settlements in KY
- Our Senior Partner is an Inner Circle of Advocates Member
- We Have Over 5 Decades of Experience
- In-House Medical Staff to Assist in Case Preparation & Investigations
- You Won’t Pay Any Upfront Costs
- Respected Among Other Firms For Our Reputation in Handling Complex Cases