Product Liability Attorneys in Lexington, KY
There are many products that we depend on in our lives. We expect that they are manufactured safely and will not cause us harm when we use them. These products include the medicines that we take to stay in good health, the parts in our cars that keep it safe while in operation, the appliances that we use in our homes and in the workplace, and many other products that we interact with to carry on our existence. When a person is injured by a product, there are a number of parties that may be held liable for the injuries caused by the product, including the manufacturers and sellers. However, not all injuries caused by a product will give rise to a claim for product liability. If you have sustained injuries from the use of a product, you should speak to a product liability attorney who can help you understand your rights. At Dolt, Thompson, Shepherd & Conway, PSC, we have a team of product liability lawyers in Lexington who understand what you are going through and can help you secure your rights.
- Dolt, Thompson, Shepherd & Conway, PSC is a personal injury law firm fighting for the injured across Kentucky since 1986.
- We have over five decades of experience, and we are known for taking on the most challenging cases.
- We have gone to trial and obtained jury verdicts of $5.7 million in product liability for our clients.
- Our team fights to recover the maximum financial compensation for every client we represent, because we know that a fair settlement or award can make the difference in rebuilding a life harmed by a defective product.
If you have been injured by a defective product, we can help you hold the parties responsible for your injury accountable for their negligence. Call Dolt, Thompson, Shepherd & Conway, PSC today at 502-244-7772 . Your initial consultation is free and you pay no upfront costs for us to represent you.
What is Product Liability?
Product liability is the legal principle that allows manufacturers and sellers to be held responsible for defective products that they put in the market. Manufacturers and sellers owe a duty to consumers to ensure that the products in the market do not cause harm to them. A consumer can suffer harm because of a defectively manufactured product or a deceptively marketed product. When manufacturers and sellers fail to uphold their duty of care to their consumers, they may be held liable for any resulting injuries.
How Can a Lexington Product Liability Attorney Help You?
To make a successful product liability claim, you must prove that:
- The product was used in its original, unaltered, and unmodified condition;
- You did not perform any unauthorized alteration or modification to the product; and
- You exercised ordinary care in the use of the product
You must also prove that the product’s design, methods of manufacture, and testing did not conform to the generally recognized and prevailing standards at the time the product was designed and manufactured. Proving this requires experts who have knowledge in the relevant field of manufacturing and can give testimony about the product’s defective design, manufacture, or distribution. An experienced Lexington product liability attorney has the resources to fully investigate your case and retain experts to develop a compelling case for you. At Dolt, Thompson, Shepherd & Conway, PSC, we have the experience as well as the financial resources to gather the evidence needed to prove your case.
Contact a Lexington, Kentucky Product Liability Attorney
If you have been injured by a defective product, let us help you hold the parties responsible for your injury accountable. Call 502-244-7772 to schedule a free consultation with one of the experienced attorneys at Dolt, Thompson, Shepherd & Conway, PSC.
Even if the product was defective and it was the substantial cause of injury, death, or property damage, the manufacturer may avoid liability if the victim made unauthorized alterations or modifications, or did not exercise ordinary cause in the use of the product. Reach out to our experienced Lexington personal injury lawyers for legal representation in your product liability claim and get help seeking the compensation you deserve. Contact us today to schedule your free initial case consultation with our product liability lawyers in Lexington.
- Product Liability Settlement $95 Million
- Hospital Liability Settlement $55 Million
- Product Liability Settlement $30 Million
- Truck Accident Jury Verdict $27.3 Million
- We Have Some of the Largest Verdicts & Settlements in KY
- Our Senior Partner is an Inner Circle of Advocates Member
- We Have Over 5 Decades of Experience
- In-House Medical Staff to Assist in Case Preparation & Investigations
- You Won’t Pay Any Upfront Costs
- Respected Among Other Firms For Our Reputation in Handling Complex Cases