Louisville Head Cooling Injury Attorneys
If your child required head cooling after birth, now is the time to talk to a Louisville birth injury lawyer at Dolt, Thompson, Shepherd & Conway, PSC. We have the medical knowledge to identify hypothermia therapy errors and other types of obstetric malpractice, and our birth injury lawyers in Louisville can help you take legal action in order to pursue financial compensation for your child’s lifelong care. The team of Louisville head cooling injury lawyers at Dolt, Thompson, Shepherd & Conway, PSC have the experience and are prepared to assist with your birth injury case today.
Contact us online or call (502) 244-7772 for a free consultation and review of your case.
What is Head Cooling/Hypothermia Therapy?
Hypothermia therapy, often referred to as head cooling or brain cooling, is one method of addressing fetal birth asphyxia or hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy (HIE) during labor or delivery. The idea is to slow and prevent brain cell death by lowering the temperature of the brain cells. A cooling cap may be placed on the baby’s head, or the baby may be placed on a cooling blanket to lower body temperature and metabolic rate. If oxygen and blood are returned to damaged brain cells too quickly after injury, continued cell death may occur. Hypothermia therapy is designed to stop this from occurring.
Head cooling is a relatively new therapy, but most studies indicate that treatment is most successful if it is administered as quickly as possible. Failures to readily identify brain injuries and mistakes in administering hypothermia therapy can result in permanent brain damage and debilitating conditions such as cerebral palsy. At Dolt, Thompson, Shepherd & Conway, PSC, our team of head cooling injury lawyers in Louisville understand the severity of these birth injuries and fight for the rights of your wrongly injured child.
Hypothermia Therapy Malpractice and Birth Injuries
There are different types of errors or malpractice that may be linked to brain injuries and head cooling. These include:
- Mismanaged childbirth complications or delayed C-section, leading to HIE or asphyxia
- Failure to inform parents of hypothermia therapy as a treatment option
- Delay in administering head cooling therapy
- Failure to transfer a baby to a facility that has hypothermia therapy capabilities
- Improper administration of head cooling therapy
If you or your child has suffered injuries from hypothermia therapy malpractice, contact our team of specialized Louisville medical malpractice lawyers for legal representation.
Seek justice and a better life for your child by calling (502) 244-7772 and speaking with a skilled Louisville birth injury attorney at Dolt, Thompson, Shepherd & Conway, PSC. Our Louisville injury attorneys serve client throughout the state of Kentucky.
- Product Liability Settlement $95 Million
- Hospital Liability Settlement $55 Million
- Product Liability Settlement $30 Million
- Truck Accident Jury Verdict $27.3 Million
- We Have Some of the Largest Verdicts & Settlements in KY
- Our Senior Partner is an Inner Circle of Advocates Member
- We Have Over 5 Decades of Experience
- In-House Medical Staff to Assist in Case Preparation & Investigations
- You Won’t Pay Any Upfront Costs
- Respected Among Other Firms For Our Reputation in Handling Complex Cases