Louisville Uber & Lyft Accident Lawyers
Car accidents involving commercial vehicles, including rideshare vehicles, can be more complicated than traditional crashes. There are additional liability issues that may come into play with these types of incidents. Therefore, it’s in your best interest to know how to protect your rights in the wake of an Uber or Lyft accident.
The team at Dolt, Thompson, Shepherd & Conway, PSC are experienced trial attorneys who are not afraid to stand up to big corporations and insurance companies and fight for the compensation their clients deserve. Since opening our doors in 1986, our Louisville personal injury attorneys have recovered over $500 million in settlements and jury verdicts throughout Kentucky.
Rideshare Drivers Are Commercial Drivers
Since rideshare drivers for Uber and Lyft transport paying customers in order to make money, their vehicles are technically considered commercial vehicles.
Commercial vehicles differ from traditional vehicles in that commercial drivers have a heightened responsibility to transport their passengers or cargo safely. As such, they are held to a heightened standard when driving. In addition to other restrictions, commercial drivers may not operate their vehicle with a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) at or above 0.04%, which is half the amount for traditional motorists (0.08%).
Rideshare Accident Liability
Since Uber and Lyft vehicles are classified as commercial vehicles, you must consider the additional responsibilities they have that may come into play when determining liability and insurance coverage after an accident.
Uber, for example, covers those involved in an accident in the following ways:
- When the Uber app is offline or off: The Uber driver’s personal insurance company will pay for damages if they were at-fault for the accident.
- When the Uber driver is available or waiting for a request: Uber will pay for third-party liability if the driver’s personal insurance doesn’t apply, including $50,000 in bodily injury per person, $100,000 in bodily injury per accident, and $25,000 in property damage per accident (if the Uber driver was at-fault).
- When the Uber driver is en route to pick up a passenger and during trips: Uber will pay for $1,000,000 third-party liability, uninsured/underinsured motorist bodily injury, and contingent comprehensive and collision coverage.
Involved in a Rideshare Accident in Louisville? Contact Us Today
If you have been injured in an accident involving an Uber or Lyft, it may seem overwhelming to work out the details. Contact us for professional legal help from our skilled accident attorneys in Louisville, KY. Our Louisville Uber & Lyft accident attorneys are here to help you sort everything out so you can focus on recovering from your injuries.
- Product Liability Settlement $95 Million
- Hospital Liability Settlement $55 Million
- Product Liability Settlement $30 Million
- Truck Accident Jury Verdict $27.3 Million
- We Have Some of the Largest Verdicts & Settlements in KY
- Our Senior Partner is an Inner Circle of Advocates Member
- We Have Over 5 Decades of Experience
- In-House Medical Staff to Assist in Case Preparation & Investigations
- You Won’t Pay Any Upfront Costs
- Respected Among Other Firms For Our Reputation in Handling Complex Cases