Louisville Truck Accident Lawyers
Helping Those Injured on Kentucky Roads
Truck accidents involving commercial trucks, delivery trucks, pull trucks, and 18-wheelers often involve complex issues regarding liability, accident reconstruction, and proper medical analysis. At Dolt, Thompson, Shepherd & Conway, PSC, we have more than 30 years of experience handling complex accident litigation.
Our Louisville truck accident attorneys can put this experience and the knowledge they have gained over the years to use in truck accident claims stemming from:
- Truck driver negligence
- Improper training and other truck company negligence
- Overloading or improperly loading truck beds
- Improper maintenance
We are not afraid to seek personal injury claims against the truck driver, truck company, or maintenance company. Often, through the diligence of our quick-response team and field of accident experts, we learn that there was more than one cause of the accident. In these cases, we will pursue multiple claims on your behalf to seek the maximum amount of compensation possible.
Call our Kentucky truck accident lawyers today at (502) 242-8872 to learn more in your free consultation.
Who Is Liable for a Trucking Accident?
Most trucks are commercial vehicles, which means a company uses the vehicle for business purposes. As such, the company and entities employed by the company are responsible for the trucks’ maintenance and operation. This means that many parties may be held liable in the event of a truck accident. However, liability for a truck accident generally falls with two parties:
- The truck driver: If the truck driver deliberately drove while drunk or distracted, or violated regulations that mandate how long they may drive without a break, and this negligence led to an accident, then the truck driver may be held liable for damages.
- The trucking company that owns the vehicle: If the trucking company that owns the vehicle hired a driver who should not have been on the road or did not schedule regular maintenance checks for their trucks, and this negligence led to an accident, then the trucking company may be held liable for damages.
Liability in a truck accident can be complicated, and it’s not something you should have to deal with when your main concern should be on your recovery. At Dolt, Thompson, Shepherd & Conway, our Louisville truck accident attorneys are passionate about protecting the rights of those who have been injured due to another’s negligence. Call us today to discuss your legal options and rights.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
Trucks pose a significant hazard to other vehicles on the road due to their size and weight. According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), an estimated 107,000 truck accidents involving injuries occurred in 2017. Trucks have numerous design flaws that make them a hazard on the road. These hazards include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Required braking distance. Trucks require a braking distance that is substantially larger than cars and, as such, can become a danger in sudden traffic changes.
- Poor maneuverability. Trucks’ massive weight makes them difficult to maneuver in traffic changes, such as a sudden slow-down or a car changing lanes.
- Large blind spots. Trucks have large blind spots directly in front, directly behind, and on either side of them. If you cannot see the truck driver’s face in the truck’s side-view mirror, it’s likely that the trucker cannot see your vehicle.
Additionally, in a study conducted by the FMCSA, researchers discovered that driver error accounted for 87% of truck crashes during the study period. Common driver errors included driving distracted and driving too fast for conditions.
We Have Earned a Strong Reputation in Truck Accident Cases
Throughout the past two decades, we have earned a strong reputation for effective truck accident litigation. Our investigative techniques, thorough case development and aggressive litigation style have impressed upon other attorneys and insurance companies the seriousness of our representation.
Attorney Tyler S. Thompson has succeeded in obtaining multiple multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements for several clients. These successes have led him to become a member of the Inner Circle of Advocates, the International Academy of Trial Attorneys, and the American College of Trial Lawyers.
When you have suffered a serious or catastrophic injury in a truck accident, ensure you find a lawyer who knows how to effectively handle your claim. Reach out to Tyler Thompson and the rest of our skilled team of advocates today. Dolt, Thompson, Shepherd & Conway, PSC has the experience and resources needed to take on large trucking companies, and we want to fight for you.
Contact Our Kentucky Semi-Truck Accident Attorneys
For more information about our experience handling truck accidents throughout Kentucky, contact our truck accident attorneys in Louisville at (502) 242-8872. We are here to help you seek the compensation you deserve for your injuries or loss.
Truck Accident Jury Verdict $27.3 Million
Fatal Truck Accident $2.5 Million
We Have Some of the Largest Verdicts & Settlements in KY
Our Senior Partner is an Inner Circle of Advocates Member
We Have Over 5 Decades of Experience
In-House Medical Staff to Assist in Case Preparation & Investigations
You Won’t Pay Any Upfront Costs
Respected Among Other Firms For Our Reputation in Handling Complex Cases